Monday, November 15, 2010

Some experiences can't be relived...




We read in many different ways that it is so important to remain present in the moment. We never know what gift it can bring, and our presence brings a fresh new energy to each situation when we are focused on our lighted energy.

My cousin from Spain unwittingly provided a reminder of this recently. He sent news that the Puente Del Diablo (Devil's Bridge) near the lighthouse in Santander, Spain, had collapsed during the early morning hours. Fortunately, nobody was injured.

Last March, he and I hiked out to where this bridge once stood. He asked me to stand in a certain place so he could take my picture. It was only AFTER he had the pictures that he invited me to hike down so I could see where I had been standing. The view was breathtaking. The ground felt solid and sturdy. We took several pictures that day.

Now...less than 6 months later, the bridge no longer exists. The second photo is from a magazine article where the photographer was looking down onto the portion where I once stood.

Some experiences cannot be relived or replaced. By keeping our attention in the moment, we can bring the best of who we are at all times to every situation.

No comments: